DESIGN STUDIO: A neutral but "Fall-like" Family Room is our focus today.
How to create this look?
1. LAYERS! Notice the throws and layers of pillows. That adds the warmth.
2. Floral pieces. Just because they are not fresh cut flowers, adding pops of color with branches, feathers and fruit will add life to your room.
3. Something unexpected is always great in a space. I LOVE the wreath hanging on the mirror. And did you notice the spinning wheel? How fun!
4. Add a dark element to a room. The old designer trick of "something black in every room" still holds true. The black coffee table grounds this space.
5. Mixing patterns. The area rug shows off the most pattern in this room but they also have zebra print, floral in the chair and dining area and even simple pieces such as the silhouette pillows give added print.
SO I hope you will use this room as inspiration to jazz up your neutral space and make it warm for fall weather. I would love to know what is YOUR FAVORITE part of this space. Go ahead...tell me!