Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Winter Design Ideas

So the holidays are over and you are claiming your home again. After putting away all of the holiday decor, you are probably looking at your home and thinking...now what? How to I make my home look cozy during the winter months? What do I use to decorate without a lot of money? Can I use something I already own?

My answer is YES! Before boxing up all holiday decor, take a second look. The easiest way to get a "winter look" is by using the colors of white, green, gold and silver.
Check out the ides below that I think that would work great in any home!
_________________________________________

Here is a fantastic way to dress up your mantle after the holidays. Use fresh greens and flowers, the silver trays you just polished and some silver and mercury glass containers. Notice the small silver ornaments in the wooden box. The unexpected...I always try to add a little whimsy in my designs. Thanks to yournestdesign.blogspot.com for this photo.


Use some of the silver glitter ornaments to jazz up a silver tray and white flowers.
Winter Arrangement
Design by Rate My Space user LaDolfina.

Why not create a winter wonderland inside your home.
Have fun with the kids by making a "curtain" of snowflakes.

Or use greens to add life to your home. I love the idea of mixing lots of white for added contrast.
Design idea from homemusings.blogspot.com

Don't put away the glitter and snow just yet. Create a fun tablescape for the winter months.
Design by design decor Staging.

Holiday wreaths can be used during winter months...just keep it simple like these!
pine leaf Creative and Unique DIY Christmas and Winter Wreaths with Nordic Touch

Wreath designs from Home Decorating Trends.


Are you missing some of the OUTDOOR decorating?
Here are some ideas to help welcome your guests throughout the winter.

Outdoor winter design ideas by design style guide.

I actually have a pair of ice skates that were my mothers and I always use them to decorate during the holidays. I have done this exact idea with my old sled. How fun and a great way to bring those memories to life! I might just have to get creative and use them in a new way for winter decorating.
Design by HGTV fan.

I hope you can use some of these ideas for inspiration.
Take a second look at what you have in your holiay decor and use them for a little bit longer!

And LET ME KNOW YOUR FAVORITE of these ideas!

HAPPY DECORATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment